Policy and Guidelines
1. San Gorgonio Ballet School is dedicated to the instruction and inspiration of serious dancers as well as to those who simply enjoy taking ballet as a recreation. It is essential that directors, instructors, parents, and students work together to support these goals. We encourage you to bring us your concerns and questions, however, never interrupt instructors during class or discuss these issues in reception areas. We will gladly schedule a meeting with the instructor through the office. Matters that require further attention will be referred to the artistic director.
2. Please show respect and good manners to teachers, staff, parents, volunteers, and each other at all times. Bring any complaints or issues to the office. NO Bad language or unruly behavior will be tolerated. Gossip is cruel and not tolerated, so please avoid it. Leave egos outside. We are all special and important here.
3. The Artistic Director must approve students for class level. Promotions will be given on the recommendation by the instructor with the approval of the Artistic Director. Yearly evaluations and parent meetings will be scheduled.
4. Instructors reserve the right to dismiss a student found to be disruptive to the class.
5. Parents may view classes in the first week of every month only.
6. Always call if you are going to be late or absent. Students that are 15 minutes late are required to watch the class and take notes.
7. Students are expected to be ready to attend classes on time. Please arrive early enough (10-15 minutes) to be on the dance floor when the class begins.
8. NO walking through studios when a class is in session. Dancers and staff only allowed on the dance floor.
9. No Food, Or Drinks in the studios other than in the student lounge. No Gum Allowed In The Studio!
10. Photography and videography are strictly prohibited.
11. Students must wear street clothes over their dancewear and street shoes when entering and leaving the building. Do Not have your student wear only their leotard, tights, and dance shoes outside of the building. Have a skirt, shorts or pants & top to wear over dancewear. For safety purposes, students must be picked up and dropped off inside the building. Parents, please be on time for pickups. Never honk, call out, or wave for a student from the parking areas. Students will be released only to the responsible party(s) listed on the enrollment sheet unless otherwise approved by the responsible party. We recommend a “Code” word pick-up-system for you and your student. Choose a word that only you and your student know. The student will be instructed not to leave with anyone that does not know the code word or phrase.
1. There is a $10.00 audition/placement class fee for Intermediate and Advanced students (Level II through V) due at time of application. This fee is applied to tuition once enrolled. For Beginning students, this fee is waved.
2. A One Time $30.00 registration fee is due at the time of enrollment.
3. Tuition is due on the 1st day of each month. Tuitions are automatically charged on the first of every month. At time of enrollment, debit/credit card information will need to be provided. No refunds, credits or adjustments will be made for missed or unused classes. This includes holidays, voluntary withdrawal, missed or unused classes., illness or expulsion. No exceptions.
4. Makeup classes are available for missed classes and should be taken in the month of the absence unless otherwise arranged with the office. Should a student need to miss a class please notify the office as soon as possible. Make-up classes will be allowed only if prior notice of absence is given.
5. A $25.00 fee is automatically charged if the card on file is declined. If a secondary card is provided before the 5th of the month, this fee is waived.
6. Classes attended by three or fewer students may be subject to shorter class time or cancellation. Makeup classes will be available for canceled classes.
7. The school will be closed on Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day (possible week), Winter Holiday of two weeks in December (Dates are posted) and Summer Holiday, one week in June and two weeks in August (Dates are posted).
7. Thirty days notice is required when removing a student from the school, otherwise, a $30.00 dropout fee will be charged.
Financial scholarships are available to qualified students depending on fund availability. Merit Scholarships can be awarded to students that have shown focus, dedication, talent, and the ability for a professional career in dance. They will be hand selected by the Artistic Director. Financial Need Scholarships and financial assistance plans are available for families in need. These scholarships and plans are discussed and given at the discretion and approval of the Artistic Director.
All scholarships are sponsored by San Gorgonio Ballet Company, a 501 3 c nonprofit professional company and subject to approval by the Artistic Director. All scholarship students and their responsible parties must sign an agreement of terms and responsibilities in which every scholarship student must comply. Failing to comply with the terms/agreement can result in loss of scholarship. Please ask the office for a copy of the agreement for your own review, if you are interested in applying for a scholarship. Scholarships are re-evaluated periodically / yearly or at the Artistic Directors discretion.